Post by Romero on Feb 15, 2018 7:08:18 GMT
Combat on this site is relatively free-form and less about hard numbers. However, to keep selfish dicks at bay, there are a few rules to keep in mind when participating in combat;
- Bold your attacks whether or not you are using an ability. Keeps everything easy to read.
- Don't purposefully clump together all of your paragraphs or describe a ludicrous amount of detail in an attempt to tire out your opponent's eyes. Keep the fighting IC, not OOC.
- As the General Rules state - no metagaming, no godmoding.
- To further pad the godmoding rule - no ridiculous vague manipulation. Vague manipulation can sometimes help fill in necessary gaps of information like distance or location, but DO NOT step into godmoding territory levels of vague manipulation. Don't suddenly dig a pitfall with spikes because your opponent didn't specific the amount of time an action took. Some information is best left blank to keep the fun going.
- Do not let your anxiety get the better of you during a tough battle. Ride the high of exhilarating combat instead of trying to nitpick your opponent's posts. However, RP combat between two skilled duelists can become very long - if anxiety is starting to get the better of you, find a good place to concede the battle and work the loss into your character's plot.
- And don't worry about your character dying unexpectedly - only threads titled [Death-Enabled] are able to cause your character to die. However, don't edit the title of a thread without explicit consent from everyone else involved in the thread. Though, if you do not want your character to die in the first place - then don't enter a [Death-Enabled] thread. Easy enough. Entering such a thread means you practically accept your character is going to perish. Learn more about the timeline consequences of death here.